Sunday, January 29, 2012

paparazzi trying to make me pose

yoga training #5

for our fifth training session, i made a 'wish list' of poses that i would like to include in my future classes- and it goes a little somethin' like this....
  • crow pose (coming up from sweet sweet malasana)
  • eagle pose (ouch, but OooOo)
  • chair pose, on ya toes!
  • knee over knee, seated pose (just plain dig it)
  • toppling tree pose (recently discovered this posture through my teacher and i {insert taylor swifts hands in the shape of a heart} it.
  • bow pose! --> who doesn't love this pose?! it's completely gratifying with the whole push/pull vibe in all of your muscles
  • pigeon pose, because i both love and hate this posture...
  • buddhist tapping (stress-reducing exercises = happy yogi)
  • nadi shonana, which is a hip way of breathing that clears your sinuses and your monkey mind. (wondering what a monkey mind is? i'll get to it, i promise.)
  • runners lunge (because all the cool kids are doing it)
the last line on my notebook simply says: i want to learn scorpion and headstand! this is purely selfish and has nothing to do with my teaching, but my goal is to be able to do these two poses by the end of my training. first of all, im pretty sure i would be a huge hit at parties if i could just pop onto my head like it was nothin'. but mostly, i like the challenge a new pose brings, and for that reason alone, yoga will never ever get boring for me.



my real-life notes!

xoxo

4 comments:

Christine said...

these are all super tough poses! when i start showing up on sunday mornings, you better take it easy on me...

Anonymous said...

chyea right. i'm gonna use you as an example for all of the poses :)

Erika (Duende) said...

SCORPION pose! I'm dying to do it! Scary stuff. The knee over knee pose & pigeon, as much as my hips are crying later (tears of joy?)...my how I love them.

Anonymous said...

Erika, I completely agree! why do we do it to ourselves? lol

p.s.- keep me posted on how you do with scorpion- i'm going to keep on trying :)