Friday, May 17, 2013

all i can see is things going swimmingly

it's been such a hectic week, but we are checking off 'i do' to-do boxes left and right!

i've put my yoga class on hold for the summer, because numbers get low and because when i checked out my schedule, i realized i would only be in town for 5 or 6 sundays from now until october! craziness...

i'll still be expanding my practice with classes at local studios, and i will continue to attempt the impossible for me.... scorpion! i'm thisclose... i feel like my toes will never touch my head, and my teacher says that my over-flexible back is actually making it more difficult for me to hold this one. who knew too much flexibility could ever be a bad thing in yoga? but when i get frustrated, i just remind myself how i could barely hold a headstand a year ago. i worked on it daily and last weekend i was able to hold it for 2 minutes and 20 seconds! now, my goal is to headstand while paddleboarding this summer :)

so back to that 'checking boxes off' comment- in the past week alone, i found my rehearsal dress, bought my bridal shoes, and just got my wedding band! (is it bad luck to wear the wedding band now until the wedding? it's so sparkly, i can't help myself...).

the rehearsal dress is from a place called fancy schmancy in albany, ny. i was there to help my mom find her mother of the bride dress when this little tadashi number caught my eye and i had to try it on. love, love, love.


i had seen these shoes on pinterest (tgfp- thank god for pinterest), but couldn't locate them  anywhere.  they were originally from j. crew, but i finally stumbled upon a never-been-worn pair on ebay last week where they were just my size, and slightly cheaper than the original, so i scooped those bad boys up immediately.



as for the wedding band, it's just lovely. joey and i couldn't find any bands that either of us liked so we decided to have both of ours custom made. i wasn't sure if we were being ring snobs, or if we were just unique (joey says unique :). he had this beautiful idea to put his grandfathers ring inside of his, and have it covered in white gold. we went to glen peters in clifton park and they did an amazing job. for mine, i knew i wanted a double band (on either side of the engagement ring) with lots of little diamonds for that antique look. the last step was to get them engraved with something, and i was completely stumped until joey suggested an ampersand. i cried. it's so perfect for us. there is just something about a simple ampersand that says so much- after september 1, it will be me & him, it's that simple. we've also been planning on getting ampersand tattoos on our honeymoon, so it seemed fitting. i think i'll wait to share a picture of the ring until after the wedding, though. i've got to keep some of the mystery, right?

happy friday! xo




No comments: