Wednesday, June 20, 2012

a routine malaise

i've been keeping a secret and it's become relevent to my yoga practice so i think it's time to share. the boy and i decided to start p90x'ing in february- we busted our butts for 90 straight days and graduated in may with pretty awesome results. while joey lost an amazing 19 pounds (uber proud of him- i cant stop bragging about it!), i shed a few pounds myself and i've never felt this strong in my life.

we took one week off to be lazy fat kids and immediately missed our workout routine, so we began our next p90x session soon after. this time around, we changed our nutrition habits to include more protein, and i am really starting to notice a difference in my yoga practice. i can hold my balance poses longer, i feel more flexible and i have a lot of energy. i started to attempt poses that i never thought i could do like 8 limbs, firefly, side crane, and scorpion! i dont care how silly it sounds, i was so excited when i figured out a new pose that i would hold it, make joey photograph it and send it to my teacher. she calls them my "party tricks".

i haven't been training as much these days because life got a little cray cray, but i've been going to the weekend classes religiously and taking the boy with me. he even lets me teach him balance poses now and he recently conquered crow during a low-key saturday class. i was so giddy for him, i think i started clapping...

god, i love yoga.

No comments: